Choosing between Cloudways and Knownhost can bring a little indecisiveness, especially if you are not tech savvy. So to make choosing the best one for you a little bit easy let’s quickly compare both website hosting solutions.
What makes Knownhost Different From Cloudways?
Knownhost is more aimed towards managed hosting products. Knownhost is known for its budget-friendly rate for quality hositing. Cloudways on the other hand is known for its pay-as-you-go hosting plans, and also its scaling flexibility, and its infrastructure that is set up more for high traffic websites.
Here are some pros and cons for both solutions:
Knownhost Pros & Cons: ( Shared hosting starts at $8.95 per month )
- Variety of hosting options
- 3 world-class data cents to choose from
- Free website migration
- Free automatic backups
- 99.99% uptime guarantee
- 1 Month ( 30-days ) money-back guarantee.
- Deciding on a plan can be difficult.
- No support for windows hosting.
- No page builder provided.
Cloudways Pros & Cons: ( Starts at $10 /month )
- 24/7/365 Support
- Free SSL
- CDN Add-on
- Free Migration
- Unlimited Application Installation
- Team Management
- Dedicated Firewalls
- 24/7 Real-time Monitoring
- Automated Backups
- Staging Environment
- Optimized With Advanced Caches
- Auto Healing
- Regular Security Patching
- HTTP/2 Enabled Servers
- SSH and SFTP Access
- Quick and easy set-up
- Great uptime
- Support for several apps
- Flexible pricing tiers
- Pay-as-you-go plans
- Free to try available before subscribing
- Ability to quickly clone your site
- No domain registration service ( you have to buy your own domain ) from a domain registration provider.
- Emails cost extra
Both Cloudways and Knowhost offer great pricing and great website hosting services. Choosing between the 2 comes down to what you need now and what you plan on doing in the future.
We recommend that if you have a low traffic website, meaning a new business website that you are just starting that you go with Knownhost, if you are already an established business, we recommend that you use Cloudways.